If we were having coffee this week, here are ten things I would be telling you about…
1. Chloe’s only been in daycare a couple of months, but I’m already trying to figure out what to do with her artwork. At the moment I’m just stuffing it into a storage box in her room. A friend of mine mentioned this artwork scanning app that stores your child’s artwork electronically. Why didn’t I think of this?
2. Kid & Coe is like the AirBnb for family vacations as all of their offerings are kid-friendly property rentals. We haven’t used it yet, but will definitely be taking a look at this website for any upcoming travel plans.
3. I hate when summer ends. It depresses me. Thankfully the release of Entertainment Weekly’s Fall TV preview cheers me up a bit. It is like my bible for the year in terms of what shows I will be watching.
4. I think I may be the last parent to discover Convos with my 2-year old. It’s funny, although kind of creepy at the same time as the 2 year old is played by a full grown man. My favourite episode so far is ‘dinner time‘.
5. This article. My favourite line in it is ‘as parents, we need to do what we need to do in order to get the most sleep possible. Everyone else can take their fresh eyes and rested faces and shove it.’
6. Sometimes you find yourself reading a book that you just love. If you haven’t read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry go out and buy a copy now (I’m also willing to lend you mine!).
7. The fact that the Royal Ontario Museum is continuing their mom and babies programs. In the spring, when Chloe and I participated in one of their classes we were told that it may be the last time they run it. We’re so glad that the administration changed their minds, listened to everyone who wrote them and decided to continue.
8. My ‘You know you’re a mom when‘ blog post for Mommy Connections. Shameless self-promotion I know.
9. Smitten Kitchen’s butternut squash galette. One of my best friends will be impressed that I actually made it and I didn’t find it as hard as I thought I would.
10. This Instagram account. Their posts usually put a smile on my face.